Sr. Android Developer
We are looking for a talented software engineer in the native Android team. In this role, you'll be a driving force in the Android team. You will take the lead on key technical features, help others in the team with the harder problems, work closely with product on specs, and interface with the API and iOS teams to take the app to the next level. We iterate and deploy code fast, and everyone is looking at the impact that the team makes to our numbers.
We move quickly - projects are short (generally 3-7 days), and we have a new native release every month. The features you create will be used by millions of people every day. We are well known for having an extremely strong engineering organization - you'll be working with the best and getting stuff done, in the fastest growing area of an incredibly profitable, growing, fun company.
* Our apps are used around the world and have been download over 250 million times
* We have well over 375 million average monthly unique visitors, half of which are via our apps
* We have over 5 million unique users / engineer, among the highest in the industry
* As mobile devices are replacing desktops and laptops as the standard for browsing the web, we have a unique opportunity as well as the market position to capitalize on enormous monetization potential
* Design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects
* Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
* Be responsible for the code quality on your team
* Mentor more junior developers
* Develop, deploy and maintain the consumer-facing features of the native Android App
* Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design
* Rock-solid programming skills
* 4+ years of Android development experience
* Strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done" are essential requirements